Sara’s Description of Optimum Life
The key to aging well is living well. That is the purpose of Optimum Life®. Available only at Brookdale Senior Living communities, the Optimum Life program helps residents balance their lives in key areas, or “dimensions of wellness.” It’s active senior living at its best.
Dimensions of Optimum Life
- PURPOSEFUL, opportunities to make a difference by contributing to those around you
- SPIRITUAL, nurture your soul through traditional religious services as well as non traditional programs that lift your spirit
- EMOTIONAL, find joy in each day through fun and lively Celebrations events that bring new possibilities to each day
- SOCIAL, enjoy the company of neighbors and friends to stimulate the heart and mind and bring better health
- INTELLECTUAL, new things to learn are abundant through classes, book discussions, new hobbies and much, much more
- PHYSICAL, join in the Movement is Medicine class to enjoy the benefits of daily exercise. Innovative Senior Care provides proactive help to prevent physical decline
As a Brookdale resident, the choice is yours to take advantage of any of the wide range of opportunities available to you. Each area of Optimum Life contributes to optimal health, wholeness and life fulfillment.
Through Optimum Life, Brookdale provides the mechanism for exceptional senior living. By pursuing Optimum Life with vigor and purpose, our residents can live balanced and fulfilling lives in the comfort of a Brookdale Senior Living community. It’s optimal senior living at its very finest.
About Sara Terry
Sara is the Vice President of Optimum Life® for Brookdale Senior Living. Brookdale Senior Living owns and operates over 550 senior living communities through out the United States. Optimum Life® is Brookdales’ trademarked health and wellness program for their residents and associates. The communities offer independent and assisted living as well as Alzheimer’s/Dementia, Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation services through their therapy program, Innovative Senior Care. Sara has served in this role since 2003. She has had a long career in senior living-starting in 1985 and has served in operational and health care roles. She oversees all programming and health and wellness programs for the residents and associates of BSL. Brookdale is known for leading the industry in creative, dynamic, and award-winning programs including Celebrations, MyTIME Clubs, Movement is Medicine, and Cross Train Your Brain.
Sara reports directly to John P. Rijos, Chief Operating Officer and Co-President. She serves on the Executive Board of Glamour Gals, a non-profit organization that provides make-overs to residents in senior living communities. Sara has a degree in Health/Physical Education from University of Wisconsin-Platteville. Her outside interests include sailing, public speaking, and swimming. She is married to Dave Terry; they have three children, Patrick Mahoney, Deanna Terry, and Rachel Terry.