Patricia and Rita’s Description of Aging With Grace
Aging with Grace is the solution for labor and management to accommodate an aging societies shifting needs and handling of eldercare issues with respect and dignity allowing all to age with grace. We approach each situation on an individual basis with patience, understanding and expert knowledge to offer the best solution and resources.
Advances in medicine and technology are allowing people to live longer, resulting in the need for many individuals active in the work force to be faced with the need to manage their loved ones’ eldercare needs.
Patricia Grace and Rita Files have created the solution to elder care stress in the work place through Aging with Grace. Their extensive working knowledge of programs serving older adults and experience in long-term care services, organizations, policies and financing across the continuum to include nursing homes, assisted living and Alzheimer’s Care allows them to lead and guide individuals on eldercare issues that are relevant and critically important to all and that can provide distractions and increased stress on employees. Their focus is on reducing or eliminating the emotional impact that aging issues have not only for an individual but also, for the entire family.
The Aging with Grace Program embraces three specific areas of concentration: education, coordination, and facilitation:
- Education: regarding care options (nursing care, Alzheimer’s care, home care, etc), financial obligations, caregiver issues and stress, funding options including the VA Pension for Aid & Attendance and Medicaid and Medicare.
- Coordination: for the selection of providers, referrals to physicians, elder care attorney’s, financial planners, senior relocation specialists and acting as liaison with families at a distance.
- Facilitation: for placement in senior living communities, nursing homes, in-home services or adult day care.
Unique Business Model
The Aging with Grace Program is primarily a membership model that is being marketed to unions, large employer groups and benefit consultants, who in turn market the program to their employees and members as a “voluntary benefit.” The annual fee is $34.95 per year for individuals Union Plus members are offered the program for $24.95 per year. The AWG Program is also available to large groups who wish to provide this program as a paid benefit for their members.
The program includes:
- Unlimited telephone access, to experienced elder care specialists for assistance with immediate needs, program and enrollment information.
- Access to a dedicated area on the AWG website that includes resource information and a Caregiver Tool Kit and tips for managing caregiver stress.
- Member discounts for senior services and programs from participating providers negotiated by AWG exclusively for members.
- Provider quality assurance program as well as member satisfaction programs.
- Online member caregiver support group
- Monthly caregiver newsletter
About Patricia Grace
With over 18 years experience in the senior health field, Patricia Grace recognized the needs of our aging population and their families and founded Aging with Grace. As a Certified Senior Advisor, she offers in depth knowledge on Medicare/Medicaid and Long Term Care insurances. Ms. Grace has worked extensively in the assisted living and long term care industry educating the elderly and their children on senior housing, Alzheimer’s care, home care and adult day care options. She appears frequently on TV and radio discussing topics from senior housing to care giver stress in the work place.
Patricia has been actively involved in community and non profit organizations such as the Twilight Wish Foundation, CAPS, Society of Certified Senior Advisors, National Association of Certified Geriatric Care Managers, Eastern PA Geriatric Council and the American Society on Aging. She will serve as Co-Chair for the 2008 East Coast Aging Conference.
About Rita Files
Ms. Files is a nationally recognized “subject matter expert” on the knowledge and skills needed for working with the elderly. She has over 28 years in the healthcare industry, with 16 years focused primarily on eldercare. Her background includes program development for many leading providers in the senior living industry. Ms. Files works with families to make eldercare transitions a peaceful process rather than an emotional roller coaster. With her partner, Patricia Grace, they have developed an innovative approach to provide the services and resources needed by today’s working caregivers.
In addition to her nursing experience, Ms. Files holds both state and national certifications in Assisted Living Administration and is a Certified Senior Advisor® through The Society of Certified Senior Advisors™, a Member of the Case Management Society of America, and the American Society on Aging.